Studying small business marketing online gives you a head full of knowledge, but sometimes your head gets crowded with too much stuff. In the age of information overload it's often useful to list things out as a few key points. So today we've put together a list of five marketing principles as a checklist as you ponder strategies.
- Be Purple Cow unique. And be sure others know about your Purple-Cow-ness
- Look for opportunities to network and share. Remember, "Marketing Abhors a Vacuum". I think Steven Hawking said that.
- Build a customer list continuously.
- Experiment, but test so you know what works.
- Keep It Simple - especially if you're a small business. The devil is in the details. Don't bite off more than you can chew. Don't use cliches in your writing, etc.